Monday, September 13, 2010

11 February 1947

11 February 1947
Tuesday morning
1000 Hrs.

Dearest Mother,
I make the supposition that now you’re just preparing to leave for school- the same old eight o’clock stampede?

Oh Mom! It is my prayer this morning that you have arisen in clearer light on the nearer road to our Lord Jesus. May angels in heaven rejoice, may our “Mom” up there rejoice because we two or her children see the wonderful light of Jesus, on this fortieth year of your life. Oh, I pray it might be a stepping stone in that life sanctified for Christ and that His choice of your burden, His direction of your paths in these coming years will be accepting truths and a privelege of bearing to your mind and life.

“And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patience of Christ.” 2 Thess. 3:5 “In all thy ways, acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths.” Prov. 3:6

“ ‘Tis a wonderful Name, ‘Tis Jesus”- ‘Tis a wonderful Book of truth! Praise God! God is our Master! Praise God! Christ is King. I do make supplication for you that God will draw nearer. Truly Paul expresses, “And be not conformed to this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your minds, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God.

I probably won’t be able to make this a long letter. I did want to write some so I would get back on my Monday night or Tuesday morning routine. The Lord has been so wonderfully kind this week and this birthday of yours has mean’t more to me as a son, this year, this moment, than ever before. I thank God I am regenerated (2 Cor. 5:17) but I thank God for a wonderful Christian mother who cared for me in Godly sincerity. Truly Christ can give joy and peace added upon, again and again.

I make supplication for your affliction and pray God will reveal to you it’s purpose. The more I study the Bible, the surer I am God ahs every moment and incidet planned to bring us closer to Him. I still write Bob Davis often, he’s a Christian, not as devout as Christ would want mainly because of world separation but his experiences have been a blessing to me. A year ago, his brother died, shortly after his mother had a heart attack and it paralyzed her whole body, in speech too, and even though she gets stronger she’s absolutely helpless. Last month his father died. I just pray that through a closer friendship we can both become more devout disciples of our King. I just finished another chapter of “In His presence,” and it was about our acceptation and complainings of trials when all was to make us purer vessels of Jesus’ “glad tidings.” Oh Mom! No matter what happens to us or about us in our life, let us strive for His Glory and bless the Lord with our souls for that trial.

The Lord has blessed me with such a miraculous outpouring of His Holy Spirit this weekend and last night! I guard against and watch for emotionalism but I’ve seen now the distinct difference. Did you ever see a revival begin without a sermon but by a few songs of willingness and praise, some humble testimonies and people by that fling themselves upon the altar and cry real tears for Christ. I really came to meet a man of God this week. He’s leading (in the Spirit’s guidance) this revival. He’s a Dr. French, who began the missionary movement in France. He’s a wonderful witness for Christ.

It’s so difficult to see why we can’t crucify flesh, but praise God, He planned this weekend and last night (I went to Glendale Community Church and didn’t get to write then as I’d intended!) so that I might have real victory and personal, sincere friendship with my Savior. Oh mother! Pray for me- half isn’t satisfying- it has to be “all to Jesus, I surrender- I surrender all!”

“And now I commend you to God, and to the word of His Grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you the inheritance among all them that are sanctified.” Acts 20:32

“Happy Birthday,” Mom! And may the coming years in His grace be through Jesus Christ our Lord. I’ll hear you over the wires tonight, the Lord willing.

May His peace and joy envelope you,
In His Service,
Your son, Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment